Followers

message in a bottle

Posted by sarai

i wonder how many of you tried doing a message in a bottle? i bet there are only few of us who tried for fun as communication technologies now a days are way better than it. i've tried time capsule as school project ( i don't know if they unearth those capsules already).

i heard a lot of stories of found bottles and finders tried to find the owner of it. i also saw movies in which the finder fells in love with the sender. but hey, that's not the reason why i did it..
one crazy afternoon i saw this empty bottle of wine. it was big, beautiful bottle. looking at the bottle my curiousity grew wondering of what would it be like if i make a message in a bottle? how long would it take to reach it to the shore? how far would it take for someone to read it and who that someone would be? I was a bit skeptical about doing it because of "what if's". What if the one who will discover it is a serial killer, pirate or a terrorist of Sulu or Somalia and will contact me and kill me or my family? What if a illiterate fisherman finds it, doesn't care and throw my message and used my bottle for vinigar? How will i ever know it was already found?

As crazy as it may sound, i finally had the courage to write a message, wrote my number and the island where i lived and prayed that whoever will receive that bottle is someone who needs to hear that message. With the help of my friend Charise, she threw it on her way home to Cagayan...I do hope it would not fall in the bad hands. But somewhere far ends of the earth where someone really needed it. I don't mind if how long it will take. Be it months, years, decades or centuries and hoped that it would help him or her and will not forget to find me someday....just someday...

5 comments:

  1. wanderer said...

    wow!! finally.. an entry on your message in a bottle.. i've linked ur post with mine on my flywithmhe.com site sarai.. =)

  2. sarai said...

    hehehe cge will wait for months, years, decades and centuries kung buhi pa ta ana ma discover ang bottle...hehehe

  3. wanderer said...

    hahaha.. update daun ha on the bottle's fate when you have.. =)

  4. ANDOi said...

    you'll be 92 yrs old by then. then you marry the fisherman who got it.

  5. sarai said...

    well doi, i'll thank heaven it's not you !!!! :D