Followers

How Find a Friend in 10 Days!

Posted by sarai

First, you have to pretend that you're out of your mind to write a message in a bottle and then drag your girlfriend in this craziness for her to throw the bottle for you in the middle of the sea.

Second, you write you landline number, incomplete address and your first name (never write your family name!) so just in case the receiver wanted to let you know that finally he/she got the message, he/she would know where to contact you.

Third, when finally the receiver of the message tries to contact you and ask if he could be your textmate, you tell him that...although your message was sincere, that you were true when you said you were a friend, the intention of the message was not to find a textmate. That eventhough you and your friend were no marine biologist or people who study the waves and the climates of the earth, it was only an experiment. That you just wanted to know how long, how far, and who are the possible people to get it.
Yes, I know this is crazy!

And as for my questions? They were answered. My bottle was found in the shore of Jagna, Bohol. By a guy named Jay Bacor, 23 years old, partime fisherman/partime standby, who's educational attainement was only first year college of associate degree of computer science.

To be real honest, I was quite disappointed. Not because of WHO receive it (because that message was of everyone who needs it. So maybe he needs to hear that message). But because I always hope that it would go far in the pacific or find its way to the great barrier or maybe perhaps to the gulf stream. And will only be discovered when I'm old and gray. Although after Charise told me the time she throw the bottle, I already anticipated that it would just land in the nearby island and there's a great possibility that a fisherman will get it. I still hope it would go far down south of the country. But it never happened. It took only ten days to make it to shore.

Will I ever make another message in a bottle again? Maybe, maybe not? Perhaps maybe when Andoi, craves again for a bottle of wine. This time I'll make sure I throw it myself facing the pacific ocean. Ok, Ok I know what you are thinking...yeah perhaps also this time its a tuna fisherman who will get it. So what?!? hehehe...

5 comments:

  1. wanderer said...

    haha.. at least uv tried to make another one and didn't gave up.. in the hope that another receiver is also encouraged and given hope and joy.. =)

  2. sarai said...

    yeah....and will give me free tuna sushi! hahaha

  3. ANDOi said...

    Now where's that 14% Alcohol Content red wine.. hmm.. gonna talk to Margie first.

    Or will just switch bottles na lng in the closet near the TV.

  4. sarai said...

    you go check the closet there in margie's office. there is even more bottle of wine...

  5. Jinngoi said...

    ate sar...i didnt know you have a blog in blogspot...hehehe..pls add me up...http://jinngoi.blogspot.com/